Monday, March 02, 2009

The North

As we all know, the North has been deemed a place of Masonic darkness, due to the fact that the sun could not dart its rays into that part of the Temple. Thus, there is no officer seated in the North. Of course, i've always wondered why there is even a station there. This was obviously meant to draw attention to something, although admittedly I do not know what that might be. Why, you might ask, did I bring this up? For an incredibly awkward Masonic segue, of course!
Uncle Sam in all his wisdom has decided that my stellar (cough, cough!) linguistic skills are needed in Alaska. Thus, I am now residing in the beautiful northern metropolis of Anchorage. It is quite a bit colder here than I am used to, but I am happy to at least be on the west coast, even if a wee bit further north than usual. Currently I am separated from my family, due to the fact that housing is tight here and there are not a whole lot of units available on post that are suitable for a family of seven. This is not a big deal though because within thirty days or so, I will be deploying to Afghanistan. I don't know the details yet, and in the meantime I hope to fire off a few relevant Masonic posts. As of late, my output has slackened considerably, but I hope to reverse this trend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

In UGLE lodges, the Secretary and Treasurer sit at a table in the North.

Perhaps not to shed too much light on the accounts and the minutes.

12:46 AM  
Blogger TMC said...

Hope you enjoy your stay in the North is enjoyable, and I wish you safe travels in Afghanistan. May peace prevail.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I hope too see an update soon on your deployment. Hope you and yours are safe and sound. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me why women are not allowed to join the free masons. My entire family tree (as far back as 1806,) shows all of the men were members. I am very interested in this brotherhood. I am a 30yr old Female who is a Postmaster at my local Post office and a 9 yr veteran of the Fire/Rescue dept. Someone please shed some light. I feel something everytime I attend a funeral and see a mason ring. I have such respect. Thanks for your understanding.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Prexy said...

My deployment is going well, but I will post a longer update later. As far as women Freemasons, it is indeed possible for you to become one Amy. There are many female Freemasons here in the United States, but they are very discrete. If you would like more information, drop me an email through my profile on here and perhaps I can point you in the right direction.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home