Thursday, May 29, 2008

Going to Iraq...

It has again been quite some time since my last post. Suffice it to say that I have been very busy. The intervening time has been filled with a two week vacation to Paris (about which I hope to write later), a couple of birthdays, a couple of mini vacations, visiting family, and preparing for my deployment to Iraq. Our Craft has been been very prominent in my thoughts of late, I just haven't had much time to commit those thoughts to this blog. I have several unfinished posts on deck, and I hope to have time to polish them up and get them posted in the near future. I have also been doing quite a bit of Masonic reading, and would like to post some reviews and thoughts on it. These things however, may or may not be possible. As I mentioned above, come Saturday I am deploying to Iraq. I will be there for approximately the next four months, although it could be as long as six depending on the whims of the Army. I will be at a very large, relatively safe base that has a lot of infrastructure in place, so I hope to have fairly regular internet access, my work schedule, of course, permitting. With any luck, I will also meet some Brethren over there and at least be able to enjoy some good Masonic fellowship.
I consider myself very lucky. The circumstances under which I am going are nearly as good as they can possibly be. I have been in the Army five years, and this is my first time. Furthermore, I am going for only 4-6 months, and to a relatively safe spot. That being said, however, I still welcome any positive thoughts/prayers/whatever on behalf of myself and my family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wayfaring Man said...

Vaya con Dios, Brother.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Godspeed to you!

7:14 AM  
Blogger The Palmetto Mason said...

From one Soldier to another: Keep your head down and your butt low. I wish and pray for a safe deployment for you.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home